Page has been moved

Please visit the new blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com

All the about Pkchukiss's life in the Singapore Armed Forces

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to a blog straight from Singapore. In case you didn't know the little island-country I come from, let me do a short introduction:

Singapore is a small country in south-east Asia (at around 685 square kilometres), with a tropical climate all year round. We are most famous for our "campaign" oriented approach to everything. The Speak Good English, Stop at Two, Clean Toilet Awareness campaigns are just some of the trademark campaigns which many people have ridiculed to no end. (I have not taken a stand as to their effectiveness, but heck, at least they tried!) :lol:

Enough about my country. The individualistic element inside me dictates that I must extol my talents within the next few minutes, or suffer a serious withdrawal. (I am no ego-maniac I assure you)

I am currently serving my term in the Singapore Army (compulsory for all 18 year-olds, for a term of two, or two-and-a-half years, depending on one's education level) as a scout (but I am still under training). I studied in the following schools:

1) Mee Toh Primary School
2) Chung Cheng High (Main) (For my GCE "O" levels)
3) Nanyang Junior College (NYJC) (For my GCE "A" levels)

not to mention the following military school...
4) BMTC 2 (Basic Military Training School 2)
(Ninja Company 45th PTP Enhanced intake)

I have a strong interest in current affairs, have intermediate knowledge in many Internet technologies, some of which I am still hesitating over on my way to building my own website.

I do hold liberal values, while remaining grounded with sound moral guiding principles, which essentially makes me a moderate lefty.

Frankly speaking, I did not do well enough to qualify for university education, which is something that weighs heavily on me, even as I excel in the military. Somehow, I do hope to be able to get a good degree, preferably in the social sciences. I am actually seriously considering re-taking my "A" levels, at least to assure myself that I can achieve my goals, especially in this goal-oriented society.

About Me

Read My blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com