While reading a book on financial management, my brain somehow decided to get excited about my portable CD player. Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with sexual stimulation. I was getting so involved in it that I began to dream about all the possible featuers of the perfect CD player. Thought I would like to share it with you:
- 500 seconds buffering for playback (effectively placing 2 to 3 songs snug for when doing those crazy aerobic workouts)
- Dual pick-up lens (so that if one gets knocked off, the other can pick off)
- 100 hours guaranteed long play on 2 AA alkaline batteries (2 batteries is all you need for that holiday trip of yours!)
- Error correction algorithm to over come reading errors from the CD
- CD-R, CD-RW support
- MP3 compressed inside ZIP/RAR archives support (Now that will pack a lot of music inside)
- Virtualiser for 6 channel sounds (Great for surround sound CDs)
- Electronic equaliser with 25 tunable frequencies, including an "Gain" lever, and bass booster
- Anti-rock positioner helps keep pick-up lens stable from all the shakes and knocks, effectively eliminating skipping music
- Internet connectivity to stream Internet radio formats
- Pick up over the air FM radio transmission, with advanced tuning for out of the area broadcasts
- Lyrics display support
- Sleep timer for those who bring their CD players to sleep with them, and do not want to waste the batteries (hell, I think this is redundant if a CD player has 100 hours of playback!)
- Organic LED 65535 colours display to display a visualised version of the music (Refer to Winamp's Visualiser to see what I mean)
- Song bias information to give more opportunities to songs which the listener likes to be played when in "Random" mode
- Fingerprint access system to allow only the owner to operate the player
- Support wireless headphones and remote control with wireless range of 10 metres
- Rubber armour to keep the player safe from water splashes, accidental drops, or simply to smash over a moron's head.
- Auto-protection of the lenses whenever the player is opened
- Negative air-flow system with high-grade air filter ensures clean air goes into the CD player, and keeps the system cool
- Air suspended rotation tab to minimise friction, resulting in less mechanical wear and tear.
I guess I had better stop. The drool is already threatening to flood the keyboard. Perhaps that will set the challenge to the engineers of CD player systems. Hopefully, I would be able to see such a product in my lifetime (perhaps I might pay a premium for it?), and fulfill my craze. As we can see, some of these features are within reach, while others will remain just what they are: a dream. What was I thinking? Negative air flow system? I've got to be kidding. How could anyone port a clean room technology into a portable CD-player?