Page has been moved

Please visit the new blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com

All the about Pkchukiss's life in the Singapore Armed Forces

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Did you think that I was dead?

After a brief hiatus (three weeks, two non-existent weekends afterwards), I have finally managed to get online to post my blog. In case you were wondering where I went, here's the quick low down...

My vocation course (which is a scout, in case you didn't know) suddenly decided to conspire with the desperate people back in camp to sneak up on my weekends. So my last two weekends were spent in school on Fridays, the national stadium on saturdays to do dry runs for the national day parade, and Sundays recuperating my lost rest for the whole week!

And what a headache it has become. If you recall, I lost my identification card a while back, and was socked with 4 extra duties. Guess what, as of now, I have lost my combat helmet, and now the prospect of a weekend at home now looks even further away than before... One would have thought that the sound of a helmet hitting the forested floor would have prevented its loss...

My platoon sergeant gave me a strange look which was a cross between sympathy and annoyance, before he dumped me into the back of a rover, and drove all the way back into the forest, tracing my footsteps, in the faint hope of recovering the $150 equipment. That was when I discovered the following:


  1. He is a speedaholic:
    (Especially when he was flooring the accelerator through all the humps, effectively throwing me a few centimetres into the air each time, in my full battle order, mind you!)
  2. Never piss your platoon sergeant off

    He was cursing at the speed limiter which beeped each time he hit 50, and some of the choice sound vibes were ones I had never heard of before.


I guess I will discover my fate when I return back to camp. I heard that it would be 7 extra duties...

About Me

Read My blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com