Page has been moved

Please visit the new blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com

All the about Pkchukiss's life in the Singapore Armed Forces

Friday, July 30, 2004

Danger in sacarsm

I probably should be more careful in what I write. As you can see, in the previous post, I mentioned the word die. Well, it seems that I had a very close shave two days ago while I was having my summary exercise before I graduate from my course...

It was around 4 am in the morning, and we were trying to find a suitable location to harbour. My team commander was quite adverse towards the thick vegetation (full of lustful female blood suckers), and wanted to find a hidden clearing instead. We came to this steep slope in the middle of the clearing. Perhaps it is hard to think in the middle of the morning, but it did not strike us about the appearance of a barren knoll in the middle of a thick forest.

Too tired, we set up shop halfway up the slope, in a tucked away corner of the knoll, settled into our routine: one person manning the communications, and the rest sleeping away (probably an inaccurate statement, considering the number of mosquito bites we sustained) until 2 brigade reconnaissance sergeants woke my team commander up.

My TC: "What is it?"
BR: "Are you sure you want to harbour here?"
TC: "I don't see anything wrong with it"
BR: "I think the sign is too small, but in case you were not aware, we are now at an impact knoll for 84mm live rounds."
TC: (stunned)
BR: "(dryly) Ok, there might be blinds here, so we suggest you shift your spot, that is if you do not want your platoon commander to be delievering white letters to your parents"

So much so for military adventures!

About Me

Read My blog at http://pkchukiss.sgblogging.com